License renewal courses
Classroom Online and 360training have joined forces to provide online education for the Cosmetology industry. Classroom Online is dedicated to providing online certification courses in the most cost-effective and time-efficient manner possible. Our Online courses are easy to navigate and cost a fraction of a traditional classroom course. Students may print the certificate online upon completion of the course. In addition, students can log on or off at leisure during the course process from any computer.
A convenient way to receive Cosmetology education credits anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer connected to the internet. Browse our Cosmetology course catalog -- then select a course.
All courses are approved by the state of Florida.
Provider approval number #0003506.
COURSE TITLE HOURS COST
For descriptions of the courses listed above, click on the following Course Catalog link, then click on the course title you are interested in.
Florida State Regulations
All licensed cosmetologist and registered specialist shall complete a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of Continuing Education which shall include, at minimum, all of the following subjects as they relate to the practice of cosmetology:
- A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding HIV/AIDS & other communicable diseases.
- A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
- A minimum of three (3) hours of instruction regarding sanitation and sterilization.
- A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding issues of workers' compensation as they pertain to Florida law.
- A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding chemical makeup as pertains to hair, skin and nails.
- A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding state and federal laws and rules as they pertain to cosmetologist, cosmetology, salons, specialists, specialty salons, and booth renters; specifically including but not limited to Chapter 477, F.S., and the Rules of the Board.
- A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding environmental issues.
- A minimum of four (4) hours of Continuing Education to be composed of additional instruction in any of the courses approved by the State of Florida for the purpose of Continuing Education.
Package not currently available
Florida 16 Hour Cosmetology Package
- This package provides sixteen hours of continuing education material to meet the renewal requirements for Florida cosmetologists.
- two hours of HIV/AIDS instruction;
- three hours of sanitation and sterilization
- one hour each of OSHA regulations and Florida Workers’ Compensation;
- two hours covering laws and rules that guide the industry;
- two hours of the chemical makeup of hair, skin, and nails;
- one hour of instruction highlighting environmental issues in the salon setting; and
- a total of four hours of electives covering the
- history and development of the cosmetology industry,
- building a successful career and/or business,
- the importance of good customer service,
- understanding retail, and
- marketing and self-promotion.
- Sanitation and Sterilization I & II
- Cosmetology Laws and Rules–I & II
- Florida Workers’ Compensation
- Building a Career or Business
- Marketing and Self-Promotion
- • Explain the modes of HIV transmission
- • List infection control procedures
- • Demonstrate understanding of different attitudes towards HIV and AIDS
- • Discuss clinical management policies
- • Describe methods of HIV and AIDS prevention
- • Distinguish between disinfectants and antiseptics
- • Show the correct hand sanitization and tool disinfection procedures used in the practice of cosmetology
- • Apply appropriate behavior in dealing with persons who may have the virus or syndrome
- • Name universal sanitation and sterilization precautions
- • Describe the functions of the Board of Cosmetology, how its members are appointed, and their duties
- • List the laws and rules of the Board protecting consumer health, safety, and welfare, as well as those pertaining to when individuals may legally practice cosmetology and specialties
- • Explain environmental issues that relate to the salon setting
- • Identify the roles of a cosmetologist and discuss the history of the industry
- • Summarize salon requirements and inspections
- • Tell the dates, fees, and requirements for renewal of cosmetology licenses, salon licenses, and specialty registrations
- • Define your own personal vision and career goals
- • Identify the laws and rules of the Board which specify prohibited conduct, and explain the penalties for failure to follow the laws and rules
- • Analyze the chemical makeup of hair, skin, and nails
- • Use retail products to improve retention and income
- • Develop a marketing and promotional plan to advance your career
- • Establish good work habits and a professional attitude
- • Increase your clientele through excellent customer service
70% on Final Exam.