Abilene, Addison, Aldine, Alice , Allen, Amarillo, Andrews, Angleton, Aransas Pass, Arlington, Austin, Balch Springs, Bay City, Baytown, Beaumont, Bedford, Beeville, Bellaire, Belton, Big Spring, Boerne, Bonham, Borger, Brenham, Bridge City, Brownfield, Brownsville, Brownwood, Bryan, Burkburnett, Burleson, Canyon, Canyon Lake, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cedar Park, Channelview, Childress, Cinco Ranch, Cleburne, Cleveland, College Station, Colleyville, Commerce, Conroe, Converse, Coppell, Copperas Cove, Corpus Christi, Corsicana, Crockett, Crowley, Crystal City, Cuero, Dalhart, Dallas, Deer Park, Del Rio, Denison, Denton, DeSoto, Dickinson, Dumas, Duncanville, Eagle, Mountain, Eagle Pass, Edinburg, El Campo, El Paso, Ennis, Euless, Farmers Branch, Flower Mound, Fort Bliss, Fort Hood, Fort Stockton, Fort Worth, Fredericksburg, Freeport, Friendswood, Frisco, Gainesville, Galena Park, Galveston, Garland, Gatesville, Georgetown, Graham, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Greatwood, Greenville, Haltom City, Harker Heights, Harlingen, Henderson, Hereford, Hewitt, Highland Park,, Highlands, Highland Village, Hillsboro, Hondo, Houston, Humble, Huntsville, Hurst, Ingleside, Iowa Park, Irving, Jacksonville, Jasper, Jollyville, Katy, Kaufman, Keller, Kerrville, Kilgore, Killeen, Kingsville, Lackland AFB, Lake Dallas, Lake Jackson, Lakeway, La Marque, Lamesa, Lampasas, Lancaster, La Porte, Laredo, League City, Leander, Leon Valley, Levelland, Lewisville, Liberty, Lockhart, Longview, Lubbock, Lufkin, McAllen, McKinney, Mansfield, Marshall, Mercedes, Mesquite, Mexia, Midland, Midlothian, Mineral Wells, Mission, Mission Bend, Missouri City, Mount Pleasant, Nacogdoches, Nederland, New Braunfels, North Richland Hills, Odessa, Orange, Palestine, Pampa, Paris, Pasadena, Pearland, Pearsall, Pecan Grove, Pecos, Perryton, Pflugerville, Pharr, Plainview, Plano, Pleasanton, Port Arthur, Portland, Port Lavaca, Port Neches, Raymondville, Richardson, Richland Hills, Richmond, Rio Grande City, River Oaks, Robstown, Rockport, Rockwall, Roma, Rosenberg, Round Rock , Rowlett, San Angelo, San Antonio, San Benito, San Elizario, San Marcos, Schertz, Seabrook, Seagoville, Seguin, Sherman, Snyder, Socorro, South Houston, Southlake, Spring, Stafford,,, Stephenville, Sugar Land, Sulphur Springs, Sweetwater, Taylor, Temple, Terrell, Texarkana, Texas City, The Colony, The Woodlands, Tomball, Tyler, Universal City, University Park, Uvalde, Vernon, Victoria, Vidor, Waco, Watauga, Waxahachie, Weatherford, Wells Branch, Weslaco, West Livingston, West University Place, Wharton, White Settlement, Wichita Falls, Wylie
All courses approved by the TDLR
- Building Your Career TDLR # 2595
- Texas Sanitation TDLR Provider #3646
- Pedicures From A Podiatrist's Perspective TDLR #2594
- Hair Color Made Simple TDLR #3845
- The Easy Way to Become Successful in the Beauty Indusry TDLR # 2619
- Pedicure Essentials TDLR # 2875
- Electric Nail File Course TDLR # 3744
- Houston Seminar TDLR Provider # 1202
- Texas Laws and Rule # 3953 and Skin Care Essentials #3455
.TEXAS 4 HOUR GENERAL COSMETOLOGY PACKAGE
Sanitation for Cosmetology:
- This course introduces those in various service industries (such as hairstylists, barbers, manicurists, etc.) to the issues that might arise should they come into contact with blood or other body fluids during the course of their work.
- Universal Precautions (barrier protection, personal cleanliness, and disinfection),
- other bacterial, viral and fungal infections,
- sterilization and disinfection,
- the distinction between disinfectants and antiseptics,
- sanitation of hands, tools, and other equipment and
- requirements for salon cleanliness as defined under the Texas Administrative Code.
Hair Color Made Simple
- Today, lots of people, whether male or female, color their hair.
- From the wealthy to the middle class to the very poor, hair coloring is available to most anyone who wants it.
TEXAS 4 HOUR MANICURIST PACKAGE
Sanitation for Cosmetology:
- This course introduces the essentials concerning pedicures, foot care, and the professional role of a pedicurist.
It describes the importance of :
- disinfection procedures, and
- preparation of the pedicure area.
TEXAS 4 HOUR ESTHETICIAN PACKAGE
This course package is designed for use by cosmetologists to fulfill continuing education requirements for Texas. According to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations, all Esthetician licensees who renew on or after September 1, 2008 must show the completion of at least 4 hours of continuing education. This package includes a 1 hour course in Sanitation and a 3 hour course in Skin Care Essentials. Upon completion of this course package you will have fulfilled the Texas state CE requirements for license renewal.
Advisory Board on Cosmetology Appointments
September 23, 2010
- The Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation unanimously approved Chairman Frank Denton’s appointment of Daired Ogle, of Arlington, and Pamela Gold, of Frisco, to serve on the Advisory Board on Cosmetology (Board).
Daired Ogle, president of The Daired Group, Inc., d/b/a Daired’s Salon & Spa Pangea, in Arlington, Texas, was appointed Presiding Officer of the Board and will serve as a representative cosmetology operator license holder.
- Ogle brings to the Board over forty years experience in the cosmetology industry and more than thirty-two years experience as a salon owner/manager.
- Ogle commences serving as the Board’s Presiding Officer on November 1, 2010.
- Ogle also serves on the Leadership Council of the Professional Beauty Association (PBA), as well as, the Government Affairs Committee of the PBA and sits on the board of the Dallas-Fort Worth Spa Association.
Pamela Gold, Training Development Senior Manager of J C Penney Corporate in Plano, Texas, serves as an operator license holder representative also.
- During her 20 years as a cosmetology professional Ms. Gold has worked in many facets of the industry.
- A graduate of Texas Tech University in Restaurant and Hotel management,
- Gold received her cosmetology training through a vocational program.
- Texas’ cosmetology program has been regulated by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) since September 2005.
- More than 200,000 Texans are licensed by the Department to perform cosmetology services, including operators, manicurists, facialists and cosmetology school students.
News Release from the TDLR: Fight The Scam
February 12, 2010
Contact: Susan Stanford
- If you fell victim to the Professional Certification Service (PCS) rip-off TDLR has some tips for you
- If you mailed PCS a check the Department encourages you to call yourbank immediately and place a stop payment on the check.
- If you mailed PCS a money order you should fill out the tracer requestthat was attached to it and submit the tracer to the money orderprovider.
- If it hasn’t been cashed you can request a new money orderwhich you can make payable to yourself to reclaim your money.
- Although both the bank and money order company will charge a fee forthe services it should be less than the amount PCS is stealing from you.
DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS!
Texas Cosmetology Classes Online -
Texas Cosmetology Continuing Education online,
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
(TDLR) approved continuing education (CE)